Monday, March 31, 2008

31 Mar 08

I organized the shop some more this morning with a big day ahead. Ben disassembled a broken compressor to salvage the tank while I picked up Hunt from dropping his car off. Caroline, Aaron, Ben, and Zac were all cleaning like mad all morning while Hunt worked on the glue dispenser. I removed the tunnel from the table took all the pieces off of it, and Hunt and I used a router with a follower bit to trim the edges square and straight. Hunt and I glued a piece of plywood to the top of the steering rack mount that will raise the rack about 1/2" and help us clear the leaf spring with the steering column. Aaron, Ben and Zac worked on some table legs and trimming out the A/C for the rest of the day. I masked off the areas on the cabin walls not to be glued to the tunnel and drilled some holes for rivets all along the glue edge. Hunt and I glued and riveted the tunnel to the cabin walls with epoxy using Hunt's new glue dispenser. The dispenser worked well, and, despite a bad batch of rivets, Hunt and I successfully glued the pieces together. The rivets are used only for pressure on the bond line, not for strength in the final piece. Tomorrow, we will attach some more.

No comments: