Thursday, March 20, 2008
20 Mar 08
We pulled a perfect part from our mold this morning, so Hunt, Ben and I spent the morning gluing up our wooden I-beam. Luke showed up as we finished, and we went to lunch. Aaron worked on renderings all morning, but was feeling sick and headed home for the rest of the day. After eating, Ben went back to work on making the supports for the body skin molds, and Luke and I went to work on finishing up the hat section mold. Hunt routed the radii on the ram of the mold, and Luke and I remade a couple of MDF pieces out of oak. We glued up one before he left. Luke lso cut some all-thread pieces, and I welded a washer on the ends of them to use with our hold-down straps. When I finished that at about 8:15, Ben was still working. He is a machine. Caroline and I came out after dinner and glued up the other oak chunk. I would love to do a dry-run of the hat section tomorrow, but there is a lot of stuff to be done before we get to that point, so I suspect we won't get there quite so soon.