Friday, January 25, 2008

25 Jan 08

I spent another entire day working on the side of the car. We have decided to try to mold the wheel arch bevels into the body skins rather than making them from a separate piece, so I had to perfect that detail in the mold. I probably worked on the front arch for 4-5 hours today, and, I can tell you, it is right. I moved on down the side and tested the line of the side air intake. It was a little concave, so I had to rework that area slightly. Hunt and Zac worked on the wiring of the new shop all day today. We now have power under the new lean-to and all the way back to the future wall of the new shop. Ben and Aaron had the day off, although Ben came out at lunch and worked on a personal project of his own. After dinner, I came back out and flattened the area for the rear wheel arch bevel. I learned from the first bevel that it is much easier to start off with a flat surface. Next, I made a pattern for the inner shape of the bevel and stepped it off 3/4" all the way around. This allowed me to use a 3/4" pattern bit on my router and cut myself out a groove to grind to. I will find out if that was a good idea or not tomorrow, because I am going to bed.

No comments: